Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Anna and the French Kiss
by Stephanie Perkins
Date Released: December 2, 2010
Pages: 372



Summary:

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited





My Review:

Let me just start by apologizing for being MIA for two weeks I think it was. There was one week where I literally read two chapters, but I'm back now. Moving on to the actual review. This book was awesome. If you recall from my last review, I mentioned that I'm not normally one to read contemporary or realistic fiction, and very rarely to I find ones that I really love. Well, let me tell you. I found one. This book was so amazing! There was so much that I loved about it. The characters, the plot, and especially the writing style.

I'm going to start with the characters. Out of all the books I've read, Anna was probably one of the most well written character I've come across. She was very easy to relate to, and the author really got inside her mind in a way that made me stop and think, Hey, I have totally had thoughts like that before. And she just seemed so real when I was reading it. Another great character was St. Clair. I found myself developing a crush on St. Clair. Which truthfully, isn't very uncommon when I read books. I find book crushes in pretty much every single book I read. But, St. Claire was probably one of my favorite. He was attractive, well I couldn't see him but he certainly sounded attractive, especially with that accent. His personality is one that is so hard to find in any actual real guys, but it's the one every one wants to find. He was funny, loved his mom, and wasn't a stuck up jerk.

The plot was also excellently written. I didn't feel like it was cliche at all. The author did a great job of adding things that many wouldn't have thought to add, or would have wanted to add. Like St. Clair's mom getting cancer, that one really threw me for a loop. The plot overall was very believable, and not a plot that "only happens in books or movies."

The author's writing style was also phenomenal. The dialogue, Anna's thoughts, her reactions to things. Just everything about it was awesome. Stephanie Perkins is probably one of the best authors I have ever read.

Now is the time where normally I would talk about the things I didn't like about the book, but there is literally nothing. I loved everything about it.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment