Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Black Butler Vol. 1


Black Butler
by Yana Toboso
Date Released: January 26, 2010
Pages: 192



Summary:

When a terrible fire claims his parents, Ciel Phantomhive must step up as the head of his father's company and as Earl Phantomhive. It would be a lot for the young boy to handle were it not for his faithful butler, Sebastian. Ever at Ciel's side, it seems there's little Sebastian can't do, whether it's saving a dinner party gone awry or probing the dark secrets of London's underbelly. He's almost too good to be true...or at least, too good to be human..




My Review:

A small disclaimer before I start. I have never reviewed a manga before, so this is going to be quite different.

This is the first "real" manga I have read. I mean I have read all of the Maximum Ride mangas, but those are Americanized. You even have to read them from left to right. Whereas normal mangas are read from right to left, which took me a little while to get used to.

I really liked the characters. But why is there always an attractive guy in any manga or anime I see? I mean Sebastian wasn't all that bad looking, if ya know what I mean. And even Baldroy (Bardroy? I'm not sure how to spell that and don't have the book handy...) was pretty good looking. I really liked the twist that Ciel was only 12. Even though it wasn't really a twist since it told us that in the summary.

The pictures were also masterfully drawn. Some of them had much more detail than I would have expected. Example being in either chapter 3 or 4 when the Italian mobster guy, whose name I can't remember, was holding a gun. And let me tell you that. That gun was masterfully engraved, let me tell you.

I also liked the story line. It was just enough to keep me interested throughout the weekend when I read it. Elizabeth was a good addition, I really liked her. Especially after she put Sebastian in a dress.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment