Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Beautiful Creature by Kami Stohl, Margaret Garcia


Beautiful Creatures
by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Date Released: October 1, 2009
Pages: 563



Summary:

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.





My Review:

I loved this book. When I first started to read it, I wasn't sure because I had started it once already as part of a buddy read, but soon abandoned in favor of the other book I was reading. But I am so glad I picked it up again.

One thing I loved about it was the southern location. I am a southern girl born and raised, so whenever I find a book that takes place in the south, that always gives it a couple brownie points. I especially love it when it takes place in a city I'm familiar with or a small town. Beautiful Creatures took place in small town called Gatlin.

Being the book nerd I am, another thing I loved was all of the different quotes that Marian would say when she would talk to people. Quite a few of those have been book marked for future use.

I also loved the character of Ethan. The entire story was told from the point of view of 16 year old Ethan, and I loved the way he broke different stereotypes. He showed the audience that guys can fall for someone just as much as any girl can. That they can be embarrassed about they way they feel and act nervous around girls. His personality and character were great in general, I especially like the way he would always wear the same Converse.

The one thing I didn't particularly like about the book was how the world of the Casters was so detailed and had so many parts to it. Yes, I realize that sounds really weird considering that was the point of the whole book, but it wasn't that I disliked the Casters, I just disliked the complexity, sometimes I would just have to stop and think for a second to sort it out, then keep reading. I still did like the general idea of the Casters, so that didn't take away from my rating of the book.

I would highly recommend this book to any fans of fantasy and paranormal romance.


My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment